Monday, March 20, 2006

BUYING AIN'T EASY

Buying things in India seems to be a major problem. First we go to a train station to buy a ticket. Aside from the usual problem that people in India don't know how to stand in line, when you find yourself at the front you are given this essay to fill out just to go from one place to another(god help you if you have to cancel). This seemed strange but we thought, "Hey they just haven't got a system sorted yet, it's a station, it needs some security".

But then we went into a regular shop. I picked up some hair gel, went to the counter and asked to pay. The woman at the counter took the gel from me and printed out a receipt which she gave to me (eh what's going on here then). I was then ushered to another counter where I gave the receipt in and was allowed to pay.

He then gave me another receipt which I took to a third counter where they gave me the hair gel which I had originally picked up. And this was not just one shop, they all had equally crazy systems such as swipe card systems, muliple counters, bag checks at supermarkets and storage for your handbags as you enter shops. Way up tight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»